Cat3C Austro-Control Examinations Policy - Terms & Conditions
Cat3C Austro-Control Examinations Policy – Terms & Conditions
- This is an agreement between Cat3C Ltd (Cat3C) and you, the examination candidate.
- An examination sitting is a period of 3 or more consecutive days, during which exams will be held at the Cat3C exam centre.
- An examination session is a period of 1 – 2 hours during which one or more exams is run during a sitting.
- An examination is a test of a candidate’s theoretical knowledge, in a specific subject.
- ATPL examinations are offered to candidates by Cat3C Ltd (Cat3C) on the strict understanding that this is a voluntary commercial service, and that it is not a mandatory requirement for any approved training organisation, including Cat3C, to provide such a service.
- All exams are taken under the regulatory authority of Austro-Control, a privately owned company providing the services of a national aviation authority to Austria. Cat3C has no control over the content of any exam, including the allocation of appendices to any exam.
- All exams are downloaded onto and taken on Apple iPads, provided by Cat3C, using the LPlus2Go examination application. Cat3C has no control over the functionality of the application.
- Cat3C cannot be held liable for any event outside its control.
- The decision of Cat3C shall be final, in respect to administrative matters.
- The decision of Austro-Control shall be final, in respect to examination matters.
- An application for an exam sitting is not a guarantee that you will be granted an exam session during the sitting of choice.
- All applications for any exam sitting must be made 7 working days before the first exam session in that sitting, not including the first day of the sitting. You are advised to apply for exams as far in advance as possible, but it is your responsibility to ensure you are adequately prepared for any exam.
Applications, Payments & Refunds
- All exam fees are charged at £65.00 per exam (November 2020 prices), including the authority fee and Cat3C administration charge. Prices are subject to amendment at any time, but once exams are confirmed you will not be charged any more for the exam(s) paid for, even if the price increases before the session.
- Exams will only be confirmed on receipt of payment.
- On receipt of a confirmed application, sessions will be allocated within a sitting by Cat3C and these will be notified to you before the exam sitting.
- Any exams re-scheduled or cancelled will be charged at £15.00 per exam, payment for which must be made before the change is made. All amendments must be notified at least 7 days before the first day of the sitting, not including the first day of the sitting or the day of notification.
- No refunds will be paid or credits issued for any cancellations notified within 7 days of the first day of the sitting, not including the first day of the sitting or the day of notification.
- No refunds will be paid for any exam(s) not attended, for any reason.
- All bank charges for payments made from overseas bank accounts are to be paid by the candidate.